The American Heart Association BLS Instructor certification course covers the methods needed to effectively facilitate a course with the BLS for Healthcare Provider curriculum or the Heartsaver curriculum. This is a two year certification. All instructor candidates must have the instructor manual(s) for the curriculum that you are going to teach. There are prerequisites that must be completed prior to attending the BLS Instructor certification course that are as follows:
1. All instructor candidates must have a current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers card (if you don't have this, you will need to complete this course before going any further, please register at www.cocprassn.com)
2. Complete the Instructor Candidate Application found on Colorado CPR's website and email to email@example.com for acceptance by the Training Center Coordinator. Once accepted, please create an account at www.ahainstructornetwork.org to align with Colorado CPR Association.
3. Please go to www.onlineaha.org and purchase the BLS Instructor Essentials Course for $30. You will receive a certificate once this course is complete. Please bring a copy of this certificiate with you to the BLS Instructor Certification Course. You will have to reschedule your Instructor Certification Course if you do not present this certificate when you arrive at the Training Center.
Once these prerequisites are complete, please register for the BLS Instructor certification course. After attending the BLS Instructor certification course each instructor candidate will be monitored teaching a BLS course in the Training Center as the lead instructor. It is the instructor's responsbility to know the material covered in the BLS course. Colorado CPR highly recommends watching the BLS DVD at least one time prior to attempting to be monitored teaching it. Not all instructor candidates meet the AHA guidelines for becoming instructors - especially instructors that are unprepared. The Training Center Coordinator can recommend that the instructor candidate be monitored teaching another course if they do not meet the standard the first time, or the candidate may have to attend the BLS Instructor certification course again. There will be no refunds once the candidate has attended the BLS Instructor certification course. The BLS Instructor Kit is included in the price of the course.
There is a $35 cancellation fee if you cancel at any time. If you need to change the date of your course and it is within 24 hours of your initially scheduled course, there will be a $35 transfer fee. If it is more than 24 hours before your scheduled course, you can transfer one time for free. Participants can only transfer one time. If class needs to be rescheduled again after a transfer, participants will need to pay to register again for the course. No refunds will be given the day of the course or if you miss your scheduled course.
- Friday, December 29, 2017 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9:00 AMColorado CPR